somewhat OT: Aqua-mist Humidifer?

I bought a house which has a "Aqua-mist" model GF humidifier installed on the ductwork(humidifer is is shut off), but I received no instructions on how it works or what maintenance it needs. I attempted to locate some info on Google by entering the mfg name, and get lots of hits on sellers, but nothing so far that gives me the info I need. Any ideas? I need somthing like a user's manual, or theory of operation , or maintenance manual to get it runnning again..
I think I had one back in MI.. One of the caveats was not to install the water supply downstream of a water softener, as this would ruin (clog) the atomizer. Not much to the thing, 'cept a drip cup under the atomizer for when the thing starts failing, a transformer and a switch to start the pump when the blower kicks in. Different atomizer nozzles are available to fine-tune the amount of water introduced, etc.. HTH Tom
jhill wrote:

Mist humidifiers are junk, and bad for any system imho. Keep it off.