Somewhat musty carpet

Recently moved a 9 X 11 carpet from the basement to a wood floor in an apartment. Noticed the underside smells musty. Can not leave it outside for the sun. It does not seem to smell just lying there, right side up. Questions: Is it worth worrying about? If, so, will it "get better" by itself? Is there some spray stuff (Lysol?) I can just spray bottom with to kill any bad stuff (not just hide smell)?
TIA
Lou
snipped-for-privacy@GoForIt.net wrote:

I would shampoo it and let it dry. If still musty, take it outdoors on a sunny day, lay it on a tarp backside up and let it air out thoroughly, May be able, even, to spray the back lightly with lysol. Or have it commercially cleaned, which would surely have some guarantee of ridding it of the odor.

Turn the carpet over, soak it with Fabreeze (alcohol + water) and let it dry thoroughly. This should kill any mold or mildew.
Stever wrote:

Thanks