Something wrong with my sink countertop?

Hello friends,
Is there something wrong with my sink countertop?
Take a look at this picture:
http://www.geocities.com/phul/www/CounterTopSunkenDown.JPG
The sink is to the left in the picture, and the countertop is sunken down in the area where the sink is. You can see it is higher as you get farther away from the sink.
So basically, the countertop is higher on the side to the right of the sink, and on the side to the left of the sink as well. The countertop is wood.
Any idea what is wrong? What should I do? How much does it cost to fix? Thanks.
Have you put a level on it to see if it's actually higher in one spot than another?
to me, it looks like maybe your dishwasher isn't level... have you considered that your dishwasher isn't screwed into your countertop on both sides, or that there's nothing under your dishwasher to level it? I'd try that, first.
If your countertop is actually out of level, it's likely the cabinets underneath, and pretty tough to diagnose without removing the countertop, or at least getting a better look at those cabinets.
Good luck.
Maurice