something stuck inside the washing machine, what now?

I have a Frigidaire front-loading washer. The infamous bra support wire came loose and got wedged inside one of holes in the drum. I tried to pull it out but it broke, so there's a 3" piece of plastic inside the washer.

What should I do about the stray debris? Can I leave it there or will it cause serious damage?

{I told the misses she must discard all the support wires or else wash her bras by hand from now on.}

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Hi,

2 places to check, one of the inner basket fins will come off and have a hole to help reach down in to get it out, or the pump entrance hose ( behind lower panal ) is large and many items migrate there and can be cleaned out.

A pic of that pump boot...

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

{I told the misses she must discard all the support wires or else wash

Right. We knew they were not your undergarments (wink).

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot

Thanks. I looked inside the tub and couldn't find the support wire, although they are the same color so it'd be easy to miss. I looked inside the pump's boot entrance and didn't find the wire there either. I did find a button and 60 cents in change though.. LOL.

Is it possible the wire went through the pump without damage? I know how submersible pond pumps work and it is conceivable that something this small could pass thru a pond pump, but I don't know how this pump works. The debris is plastic, about 1" long (not 3" like I said before), and is about the same diameter as the drum holes on the washer (just small enough to sneak in).

Sorry if I'm being a bit paranoid, I can't imagine life without the washer!

Doug

Reply to
Doug