Someone stole my well

When I bought this rural home about 12 years ago, it had a well. There was this 6 inch iron pipe sticking out of the lawn with a cover on it. It stood about two feet above the ground. I knew very well it was there everytime I mowed the lawn. I was told it's 520 feet deep when I bought the house.

I never thought much about this well. I knew it was there, it had safe and good tasting water, and never went dry. That was good enough for me.

Yesterday I turned on the faucet in the kitchen sink and no water came out. I suspected a pipe might have frozen and I looked at the pipes in the basement. They all looked fine. The gauge on the water tank read zero. I knew there was a problem. I checked the electric breaker for the pump and it was not tripped. That's when I knew it was time to call a plumber.

The plumber came and after looking at the pipes and checking the breaker, he asked me where the well is located. I put on my heavy winter coat and boots and took him outside to show him the well. To my surprise, I could not find it. After mowing around it for the past

12 years, I should know exactly where it's located. Well, I thought that maybe the snow was deep enough to cover it, so I got my snowblower and began blowing the yard. While blowing the snow, I noticed some footprints in the vicinity of the well location, but did not think too much about them at the time.

An hour went by, and the plumber stood there impatiently while I searched for the well. It was no where to be found. Eventually I had removed all the snow in the entire yard, and my well was gone. I told the plumber that I have one, but I can not find it. He told me that he could not help me, and I need to call a well driller.

After he left, I called a well driller. An hour later he was at my home, and he began using metal detectors and other expensive looking gadgets to locate my well, while I watched out the window. He finally came to the door with a puzzled look, and said "you do not have a well, and I'll have to drill one". I told him about mowing around it for years, and I always had great water, etc. He looked at me, and said someone must have stolen it. I thought he was joking, until he said "this happens every December". "People go around and steal wells". I gasped, and said how the f**k can someone steal a 520 foot deep well.

He replied "no one knows, but this has been going on for hundreds of years......... Why do you think every December you hear people singing NO WELL, No Well, NO WELL No Well !!!!!"

And now you know the reason for this song too !!!!

  • Happy Holidays *
Reply to
mooooooo

Thanks, maybe you could help me with another one, Why is that kid missing its two front teeth?

Reply to
cln

because of the no well thing

Reply to