Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I thought you couldn’t have a real estate license if you had a criminal record.
Molly Brown wrote:

You mean there are some that *don't* have a record?? :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 4/30/2012 11:46 AM, Molly Brown wrote:

As the former owner of a real estate brokerage firm in Iowa I can't speak for other states but outlined below is a checklist of things you will need to do in order to get your Iowa Real Estate license. Note that it does not speak of a criminal record disqualifying a person.
- A salesperson must be assigned to (work for) a licensed broker or firm and cannot conduct business independently.
- Be a person 18 years of age or over. (You may actually sit for the exam before you are 18, but you MUST be 18 before you make the application for a license, which must be within six months after you pass the exam.) An applicant is not ineligible because of citizenship, sex, race, religion, marital status, or national origin, although the application form may require citizenship information.
- Be a person whose application has not been rejected for licensure in this or any other state within twelve months prior to the date of application, and whose real estate license has not been revoked in this or any other state within two years prior to the date of application.
Don
On 4/30/2012 12:27 PM, IGot2P wrote:

Sorry but I left out the background check which speaks to the following and you should note that it says "may be denied", not "will be denied".
"An applicant for a real estate salesperson license who has been convicted of forgery, embezzlement, obtaining money under false pretenses, theft, extortion, conspiracy to defraud, or another similar offense, or of any crime involving moral turpitude, in a court of competent jurisdiction in this state or in any other state, jurisdiction, territory, or district of the United States, or in any foreign jurisdiction, may be denied a license by the commission on the grounds of the conviction."
Don

You're wrong.
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:46:45 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

Yup, as usual, you're wrong.
Molly Brown wrote:

That would mean half of all Americans couldn't be real estate agents...
Molly Brown wrote:

I'll bet it depends on the jurisdiction and/or the offense. For example, exposing oneself to a blind person (Mopery) may not be disqualifying inasmuch as it does not involve fiduciary liability. In other jurisdictions, having a criminal record may be a requirement for a state license.

Unless of course, it is felonious mopery.
Someone correct me if Im wrong but I thought you couldnt have a real estate license if you had a criminal record.
I guess anything is possible. It is possible to be president of the US and not be a citizen.
Go figger.
Steve

that's certainly what mitt hopes

In article <1a08a80f-7e40-499a-b671-a3205cab2acc@

I think they need to become car salesmen?