Someday has arrived !

Several years ago , while browsing in one of the tourist trap secondhand stores here , I bought a saw tooth setting device for hand saws because I just knew someday I'd need it . Well , today I needed it . I have some pocket cuts to make on the support timbers (6x6's)for our new kitchen , and they need to be pretty precise . Too deep for the circular saw , chainsaw is no way going to do it , and the recip saw has a tendency to wander on deep cuts ... so today I tuned up a crosscut and a rip hand saw . Reset the teeth and sharpened them with a tricorner file and now we're cookin' . I'll likely use the smallest chainsaw to rough the pocket in , cutting a quarter inch long of the mark so I'll only have a sliver to trim off .
--
Snag

On 03/23/2016 03:54 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

<snip>
A few years ago, a friend needed an electric motor just like the one I had been storing in the basement for 30 years.
Got to give my wife a good, "See told you!"
On 3/23/2016 5:50 PM, philo wrote:

Wonder how much you charged him for thirty years of storage fees for your cellar?
On 3/23/2016 4:54 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Hand tool? OMG, you'll be a real craftsman when the project is done. No matter how many power tools you have, there are times the old hand tools are the best in the shop or in the kitchen.