Some things, only Dad can do.....

That's the solution I came up. I told SWMBO that if I had to put the seat down, she had to put the lid down. It's worked well for almost 30 years.

Reply to
SteveBell

No reason to miss unless you are a two year old or drunk. It is much easier to open a zipper than drop your drawers.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's not the "things that can only be done by Dad" that gets to me, it's my total uselessness and ineptitude until they need something done.

Apparently, even after being around for more than half-a-century and raising a pretty decent family, I know nothing about life, jobs, girls, boys, etc.

"Leave me alone."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"It's different these days."

Followed by:

"Oh Daddy, my computer's broken, please fix it."

"Oh Daddy, there's a spider on my ceiling."

"Dad, can I borrow $20 until payday?"

"Dad, I can't get my brake pads off."

I guess if they didn't love me, I wouldn't be the one they turn to when they need help. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You don't know what you're talking about. It's different these days. Try $200 or $2000 ;-)

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

$20...I lend.

$200+...We talk.