Solvent for Oatley #95 tinning flux?

I'm trying to wash off some copper sheets I've soldered together with lead-free solder. I used Oatley #95 lead free tinning flux and I tried to wash it off with strong detergent but no luck. Does anyone know an efficient way to wash this stuff off?
Thanks, Jeff
I'm trying to wash off some copper sheets I've soldered together with lead-free solder. I used Oatley #95 lead free tinning flux and I tried to wash it off with strong detergent but no luck. Does anyone know an efficient way to wash this stuff off?
Thanks, Jeff
snipped-for-privacy@earthling.net wrote:

MSDS indicates negligble solubility in water but base is 60-70% petrolatum so I'd try a petroleum solvent on a rag. Might check on www.oatey.com to see if any further information (btw, note there's no "L" in "Oatey").

Pickup some flux stripper from your local electronics store or rubbing alcohol.
PV
Carb cleaner. Mind it;s flammable and noxious so do it outdoors. snipped-for-privacy@earthling.net wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@earthling.net wrote:

Acetone, your wife's nail polish remover, alcohol, most anything not water based.
On 29 Aug 2006 10:11:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@earthling.net wrote:

Gasoline (just a guess). Of course do it outdoors away from flammables.
I wonder if that "Simple Green" would work. That stuff really cuts grease. (another guess).