solutions for resurfacing a chattahoochee pebble deck

what are some ways to resurface a chattahoochee pebblestone deck? just a thinly mixed colored mortar/cementmix or something else? I want to cover up the pebbles and I don't want to remove it, none of it is loose. this is not a high traffic area and is mostly used only in the summer.

it is a a 500 sq ft area around an inground pool and the chattahoochee has a lot of small cavities and crevices. it has been resealed with an epoxy type sealant a few times

if I use a cement type material, are there some general tips for spreading the stuff and does it have to be done in several steps, ie. layers? how about creating some deliberate effects for an uneven surface as I don't want it to be smooth or slippery. I suppose it could also be done in plain gray cement and paint it later but I really don't know so am asking here for some advice.

assume I will pressure wash the deck before commencing any work

thanks!

Reply to
matt