Solution for flooded crawl space

I have a house in Northwest Indiana, it's on a crawl space with a sump pump. Due to flooding 2 years ago (Katrina) the crawl space was filled with water and the sump pump couldn't keep up, and water entered the house causing $$$ damage. What can I do to avoid this situation in the future? Add another pump? dig up the crawl space? Raise the house? Can anyone give me an idea of house raising costs?
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sadly, he says Move?
On Oct 1, 10:35am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

To many things are not known, is house ground level, how much water, was area flooded all around. There are pumps that will empty a pool in minutes but will water just pour back in
On Oct 1, 11:35am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ransley asks a useful question.
How deep is the water table? (I lived near Toledo in the Black Swamp area where the water table was within inches of the ground surface.) Does the ground slope away from the house? Is the crawl space floor at the same level as the surrounding ground? Is the crawl space usually damp?
The best condition would to have the floor of the crawl space at or above the surrounding ground and have the surrounding ground slope away from the house. A curtain drain around the perimeter of the house with a sump pump with positive drain might help if the water table is low enough.