Solid Surface Countertop Information

Hi Folks, I would like information about solid surface countertops. My local home supplier recommended a product called "Staron". I 'm told it has all the quality's of Corian but at a lesser price per foot. I need a slab approx. 6' x 4' for a kitchen island. Can anyone give me pricing details on cost.

Thanks in advance Dick

Reply to
Platebanger

I put a corian clone in my last kitchen, under slung sink the whole 9 yards. Absolutely hated the stuff, impossible to keep clean. I had to wipe it every day. The sink stained, then you had to scrub out the stains. Give me stone or tile no solid surface counter tops for me ever again

Reply to
SQLit

Hey, Plate, where you at? I've been pricing same thing here in the Tampa area. I'm getting quotes form $32.00 to $150.00 sq ft installed for several different types of material. I'm going with granite imported from China with under slung sink ($250 for stainless sink) all installed for $35.00 per sq. ft. Muff

Thanks in advance Dick

Reply to
Muff