Soldering Copper.....leaks!

It sounds like insufficient flux. You can't simply reheat, but you shouldn't need to cut.

Just unsolder, reflux, and reflow. You gotta blow the old solder off, though, before you can refit. Else, flux them good, them slip them together hot, before flowing additional solder.

Cutting and refitting only works if you still have enough slack in the pipe left, and still, you may wind up with a "cold" joint, due to inadequate preparation/insufficient flux...

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Ouch!

First, it's Mapp (not map). Also, I don't care about witch code. :-)

And yes, you can use something like Zero_Sil (Phosphobronze) on the joints, with 1300-1500 deg F temperatures. It works well. I use it often in refrigeration. I also use 40% silver rod, with borax, on thicker lines.

But cherry red is way too damned hot for soft solder. 600-800 deg F, then the paste flux peters out (boils).

Brazing (silver soldering) is code for buried copper in Sacto? Since when?

Reply to
~^Johnny^~