Soldering Copper.....leaks!

Page 2 of 2
I'll second that (sorry for the top post).
I actually have never sweated copper. I don't like working on plumbing. When I have to do it though, I use Copper Bond. Good stuff. Maybe a bit pricey for a big job, but for the little things I do now and then it's worth it. Never had a single leak.
The only catch is you have to let it set for a while.
Tom

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:57:31 -0600, "James \\"Cubby\\" Culbertson"

It sounds like insufficient flux. You can't simply reheat, but you shouldn't need to cut.
Just unsolder, reflux, and reflow. You gotta blow the old solder off, though, before you can refit. Else, flux them good, them slip them together hot, before flowing additional solder.
Cutting and refitting only works if you still have enough slack in the pipe left, and still, you may wind up with a "cold" joint, due to inadequate preparation/insufficient flux...
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info