Solar Water heaters save $400/mo

They pay for themselves in 3-4 years!
Do you own search it is amazing.
Nico wrote:

OK, now where can I get one for a reasonable price?
Serious question; previous owners of my house left me a 20 year old tank with a solar panel outside. It's dead (leaking.) The guy that installed it wants $1500 to replace just the tank; even ASSuming it saves me $100 a month (I doubt it) that's a lot of scratch. (my total gas bill last month was something like $30.)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Yeah, yeah.
But, but ...
Our "budget" electric bill is less than $200. That includes hot water, well pump, heat pump.
Are you saying that if I go to solar, someone will send me a check for $200 each month?
EMWTK