Solar water

Wow! Solar water! How do they make water from sunlight?

Reply to
Tony

Yeah, but you need dehydrated water to save weight.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sunlight is mostly helium, that has combusted on the sun, giving helium oxide. You split the helium nucleus into to hydrogen nuclei, and recombine with the original oxygen. That's what those tubes in the picture are for. And that makes water.

This process is not difficult, with the proper subatomic catalyst, the composition of which is proprietary information. (I happen to know it, but I'm not going to post it here.)

Sometimes electrons are lost in the process, but replacements are available from the National Electron Reserve Fund. People who wish to participate in NERF must register. There is a 10 dollar fee per year. Or one can accept the loss of some water. According to NERF research, it's less than 1% of maximum output.

Reply to
mm

Are you sure, free range electrons taste better, they are leaner and have less fat.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Good points. I don't know what standards NERF uses for its electrons. I don't where they get them either. Perhaps electron mines in Nevada. But possibly they collect them from children's Van de Graf generators. I think in California the Dept. of Sanitation does this when it collects other recycling.

As to the bulk of electrons that come from the sun as part of the helium oxide, I think they are pretty lean by the time they get here, but you're right, the taste may have been dissipated in the 500 seconds it takes to arrive. The ether between here and the sun is very taste-deficient, and probably absorbs most of the taste in things that pass through it.

See the Journal of Inter-Planetary Science, "Composition of ether within 100 million miles of the sun.", Jan. 15, 2001. I don't think the JIPS before 2004 is online.

Reply to
mm

mm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What nerf you have ...

Reply to
Han

I am a bit concerned with what the giant European atom smasher may do the the planet's natural electron population. The genetically engineered electrons will pollute and alter the characteristics of native electron species to a point that they will no longer be recognizable. It will destroy diversity making the electron population more susceptible to one disease like the positron virus which has wiped out whole populations of electrons.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

If you're one of those people that uses old tires as birdbaths and planters, this would add to the ambiance of your yard ;)

Reply to
Frank

Gee whiz. We have something similar but it's still frozen; if not frozen solid it has ice in its passages somewhere! Maybe by May 15th will be warm enough to thaw out. Because we occasionally get snow on May 24th, a local holiday. But then if we get an early frost in say September ....................? And of course in any cloudy but warmer weather we DO get during the days in summer, not sure if the hot water it produces would be worthwhile. One estimate of our total hot water electricity consumption is not more than 10% of total bill or a maximum of $300 per year! In other words we heat hot water pretty much as we use it at ten cents per kilowatt hour for hydro generated power.

Reply to
terry