solar towel dryer?

I am looking for something a little more efficient than a clothes line. Has anyone seen plans for some closed loop dryer that can cope with the RH you see in the sub tropics? Hanging a towel on the line is not all that effective but there is plenty of energy to be had. I have some ideas but I hate reinventing the wheel.

Reply to
Greg

I work where mirrors are available and so, one person took a couple dozen home, set them up for reflection on wet clothes hanging and gets the line done in less then half the normal time on a "Below Average" temp.

When we had a week of 90+ she had it done in less then 30 minutes!

Reply to
Gene

How about a little greenhouse? Hang a piece of plastic over an EW line between two poles, then string another line below it. Leave the ends of the tent mostly open (extra credit: how open?) This will also prevent rain and bird poop and keep the clothes and line cleaner.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

That's the idea but I have some tempered glass and I was thinking about a chimney type thing. Maybe where air does a lazy S type thing by convection.

Reply to
Greg