Solar screens removal in winters

I live in Dallas. The solar screens have been very useful in summers here, but does it make a difference if I leave it on for the winters. The company which put up the solar screens for me say that the screens help out in winters also, by preventing the cold air from reaching the glass. Does anyone have experience on which wins out the additional sunlight by removing the solar screen or putting the solar screen and preventing the cold wind from hitting the glass.
Thanks....
On Sat 15 Nov 2008 10:12:09a, dk9117 told us...

We live in the Phoenix area, and leave our solar screens on year round. I cant be sure about the benefits of leaving them on in winter, but I wouldnt discount it. We leave them on primarily for privacy and room darkening.
--
Wayne Boatwright
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:25:14 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

Same here in Las Vegas. The only time the solar screens come off are for window washing.
It would be easy to damage them, by repeated removal / storage.
On Sat 15 Nov 2008 12:03:00p, Oren told us...

Yes, that's true, too.
--
Wayne Boatwright