Solar screens removal in winters

I live in Dallas. The solar screens have been very useful in summers here, but does it make a difference if I leave it on for the winters. The company which put up the solar screens for me say that the screens help out in winters also, by preventing the cold air from reaching the glass. Does anyone have experience on which wins out the additional sunlight by removing the solar screen or putting the solar screen and preventing the cold wind from hitting the glass.

Thanks....

Reply to
dk9117

On Sat 15 Nov 2008 10:12:09a, dk9117 told us...

We live in the Phoenix area, and leave our solar screens on year round. I can?t be sure about the benefits of leaving them on in winter, but I wouldn?t discount it. We leave them on primarily for privacy and room darkening.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Same here in Las Vegas. The only time the solar screens come off are for window washing.

It would be easy to damage them, by repeated removal / storage.

Reply to
Oren

On Sat 15 Nov 2008 12:03:00p, Oren told us...

Yes, that's true, too.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright