Solar Powered Roof Vent

Anyone here have any comments regarding Solar Roof Vents? I am looking to install a Solar Powered Roof Vent made by GAF. Also, as a comparison, I am looking at the Wind Powered Turbine Vent by GAF. Anyone have a Solar Powered roof vent? I wonder how long the motors last ... I presume they do not run constantly. Any comments would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance! Lou

Yeah! It's seems to be a winner!
You only need the power vents when the sun is heating your roof.
The wind powered vents always seems a bit silly as the wind is already cooling the roof. The reason you want extra ventilation is that the roof gets too hot and heats up the attic.

I'd go with a good ridge vent and soffit vent solution before any type of fan. I also have to disagree that the breeze that would drive a turbin type fan is going to be sufficient to have any meaningful effect on the attic space under the roof. With direct sunlight on the roof and just a modest breeze attics still generate an enormous amount of heat.

The amount of air movement you will get from a tiny solar cell is minimal. Better to invest in proper passive vents, half high and half low to get convection going.
Bob F wrote:

home, and I deducted some of the cost on 1040. When there is early morning moisture on my FL shingles, the area surrounding the vent is always dry - which tells me that it is working. So far, (only 1 1/2 years old) no problem. hth

I glanced at one. If I recall, they do not include the expensive solar cells. If that's the case it's gonna take a long time to recoup the cost. Have to be a hardcore granola head to go for it.