Solar Power Home

Page 2 of 3

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:05:07 -0400, "Existential Angst"

Man, are you ever stupid. If you don't believe me, go look it up or google it.
Jimwit doesn't even remember for sure what he thought he saw somewhere, yet he states it as if it is some sort of fact. As far as I'm concerned, he made it up, until he comes up with some evidence that he didn't.

I DO believe it. YOU are the one asserting that he made it up. Prove it. Google your salty ass off, provide cites to the contrary. Asshole.

Typical SaltyAss. Nevermind that it was a very good point. Kudos to Jimmie if he DID make it up.... it's more creative insight than YOU will ever generate in your useless usenet career. Figger out climb vs. conventional cutting yet?? Which you denied existed, cuz poor ignerint baby didn't have effing citations spoon fed to him..... <waaaa-waaaaa>
--
EA

Been 3 or 4 years since I saw the thing. I dont really give a rat's ass if anyone believes me or not. I know none of these posers that keep saying how great photo voltaic systems are will ever install a system themselves. I've done enough research to know that its not as easy to do as the internet ads make it sound. They dont consider that the first and second largest users of energy in the home is HVAC and hot water. These can be more efficiently supplemented via solar by taking a more direct approach leaving out the solar to electrical conversion all together. I can do better than photocells just by adding a sun room on the south side of my house to heat in the winter.
Jimmie
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:46:39 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE

Wrong again, sweety-pie.

Been 3 or 4 years since I saw the thing. I dont really give a rat's ass if anyone believes me or not. I know none of these posers that keep saying how great photo voltaic systems are will ever install a system themselves. ============================================= SaltyAss is proly THE poseur on ahr. At this point, he's famous for his bratty demands for citations -- must be trust/mommy issues.
I've done enough research to know that its not as easy to do as the internet ads make it sound. They dont consider that the first and second largest users of energy in the home is HVAC and hot water. These can be more efficiently supplemented via solar by taking a more direct approach leaving out the solar to electrical conversion all together. I can do better than photocells just by adding a sun room on the south side of my house to heat in the winter. =========================================== I agree. Auto-blackening (or mirroring) glass, controlled by voltage, would be a great help as well. This glass would proly be more expensive than imported granite countertops, tho.
An equivalent, tho, with simple retractable awning-type ditties above windows, would be great asset, energy-wise.
--
EA

Jimmie

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 21:01:51 -0400, "Existential Angst"

You two really should get a room.
Existential Angst wrote:

I just invented a device that blocks the sun in the summer and not in the winter. I call it a deciduous tree.

There is no debate there. The point was the tree's interference with solar panels.
If that is indeed unresolvable, then awnings -- or somesuch -- would allow the cake to be eaten with most of the frosting.
--
EA

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 20:19:07 -0400, "Existential Angst"

I rest my case your honor!

Well, maybe you have rested your case, but you should try making one, first, and then rest.
Explain why jimmie's assertions are so unbelievable.
Sheeit, you didn't believe climb vs. conventional cutting either, until Ed H. showed you to be an effing uninformed moron. Not to mention the approx. 2 million hits on google on the subject, which didn't seem to impress you, since, well, it came from me.
I sure hope you live by yourself, at least give yer mom a break......
--
EA

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 21:06:52 -0400, "Existential Angst"

I still have no idea what this climb cutting thing is.
Meanwhile, lets review...
I said "Man are you ever stupid. If you don't believe me, go look it up"
...and you replied, "I do believe it"
or to paraphrase:
Salty sez: Boy are you stupid!
EA sez: I believe you!
I have to admit that at first I didn't really think you were THAT stupid. I sure do now.

Probably the first truthful thing you've said. But you sure did know a lot about it with fellow asshole Ricodjour in the Dual Saw thread, didn't you??

So you DO live with yer mom... You're STILL in JHS!!
--
EA

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 22:33:01 -0400, "Existential Angst"

No. You are very confused.

Q.E.D.
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:17:54 -0400, "Existential Angst"

Once again
But thanks for always trying so hard!
On Apr 7, 11:30am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

The fact that you would say this, while unsurprising, shows how dumb you really are.

Spoken like a true imbecile. Please continue. I'm here for he entertainment, however low-brow. :-)
On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:24:47 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I know. I've seen you play with yourself day in and day out, here.
keith wrote:

You are correct, my memory was somewhat porous.
Actually, adjusting for daylight/darkness, the average is 342W/m^2. After applying corrections for latitude (1/3) and cloud cover (1/3), you'd end up pretty close to my original figure of 40 watts per sq meter.

Right. SOME people (like the Unibomber and Mexican border-crossers) can live off of sunbeams, but my claim that trying to do so for the AVERAGE house or business is doomed - quite simply, it cannot be done.

The earth is flat!
God would have given us wings!
http://gizmodo.com/5104016/dean-kamens-private-island-is-now-entirely-off-the-grid