solar panel

Page 4 of 5
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:48:01 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

When cornered, a dog can only attack wildly.
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:49:15 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

What an asshat you are. I didn't attack wildly. I said there is no point in arguing with you because your position is not grounded in reality. You have religious beliefs and I have obviously threatened them.
Go argue with W_Tom. You two are like peas in a pod.
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:30:33 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

What a liar you are.

You're scientifically illiterate, that's for damn sure.

Like W_Tom, you're absolutely clueless.
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:53:11 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

You just can't stand the idea that alternative energy can work effectively. You flat earth religious kooks are all the same.
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 21:14:00 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Some of us simply question the amount of solar gain vs the other energy sources. How cold is it in there on a cloudy day and what happens at night? If the only source of heat was the sun it should be pretty damned cold in there at sun up. Pipe freezing cold
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 21:14:00 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Wow! That's a red herring, even by your (low) standards. No, I believe the Conservation of Energy is not just a good idea, but the law. You clearly don't.
On Oct 31, 11:31pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Unbelievable. Now, the basic laws of physics, which sa clearly does not grasp, are religous beliefs? What specific statements have I made that are NOT based on physics? On the other hand, sa has claimed that light that comes out of a fixture in a store is not turned into heat because it is "absorbed". And he can't grasp the fact that if one compared the electricity usage for lighting of two buildings, one would know almost exactly how much heat is being generated in each of those buildings from wasted heat from lighting. It matters not a wit that one building used incandescent and another flourescent. Sure, you get more light with a lot less electricity from flourescent, but by looking at the KWH of each building that goes to lighting, you know almost exactly how much heat is being generated in both buildings. The tiny fraction that isn't heat is due to light that escapes the building through windows, etc. and for practical purposes, that is negligible.
google passive homes, and see the tv show this NEW house.some 20,000 have been built nationwide. for about $150.00 per square foot.
by superinsulating homes and proper placement and design very low heat cool homes are being built today, even in cold areas like maine...

False and intellectually dishonest argument based on a bogus premise.
snipped-for-privacy@mickymall.com wrote:

I can be persuaded otherwise - just gimme the facts (I know maths is hard, but try).

Your problem is not math. Your problem is how you dishonestly approach the entirety of the issue.
Please explain why you insist that solar photo voltaics must provide all of our electricity in order to be a viable supplier of some of our electricity.
snipped-for-privacy@mickymall.com wrote:

I don't insist that that anything be a sole source of electricity. I never said I did, nor do I believe it.
To repeat what I said:
"My argument is it is impossible to run this [entire] country/state/city off of sunbeams."
For those applications where it is possible to run some piddly thing off of sunbeams, most of the time so doing is roughly equivalent to using mahogany to toast marshmallows.

There. You just said it again.
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:03:06 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mickymall.com wrote:

As well he should ... unless it doesn't get dark where you live.
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:30:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Don't you have batteries where you live?
And why the thick-headed insistence that in order to be useful, solar power would have to supply all power used, day and night?
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:36:07 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mickymall.com wrote:

to get rid of them and a way to make a marginal idea like solar PV ridiculous. That is why all of the systems the government will help you pay for are grid tie.
Unfortunately all you can possibly save is the fuel charges since we still need all of that generating infrastructure at night or even on a cloudy day. If any significant number of people start using solar energy, they will still find a way to bill you for that infrastructure. It is really about half of your electric bill.

I'm thinking a big problem is a "green" storage solution for storing the solar power. There are solar energy plants that store the power in a heat bank where the heat is used to vaporize a working fluid to run turbine generators. I remember reading something about a system that had combination solar energy collectors that utilized solar cells and heated oil as a working fluid to store heat energy. Perhaps solar energy could be used to pump water into a reservoir where it could be used to run turbines when the sun isn't shining. The problem is, how do you capture and hold on to a sunbeam for later consumption? 8-)
TDD
Just remember---The country that has most of the oil also has most of the sunshine.
On 10/23/2010 6:10 AM, Herb Eneva wrote:

Canada? 8-)
TDD
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:16:56 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Happily, everyone but you knows that the hazardous materials in batteries are very recyclable. They can be reused over and over again.