Solar lights

We bought these solar lights that you can put on mason jars. They have an on-off switch on top by the solar panel part, and the light part goes inside the mason jar. Well.... some of them work great, but about half of them go off about a minute after they turn on from it getting dark. If I bump it the light will turn on briefly and then go off again. It's a bit irritating, to say the least.
Since the ones that aren't working right all have the same issue could it just be a faulty switch? How would I fix something like that myself vs sending them back? Or how would I know if it's a loose wire, or just a design flaw not worth fixing myself?
I'm not very mechanically inclined, but I've been known to fix stuff armed with a pink screw driver, pliers, or hammer... I can use a drill, too, but for this I'd have to use a tiny Philips screwdriver to take out some small screws.
Any way.. maybe I could fix the irritating lights with some help. Thanks ahead of time.
--
rebel

rebel wrote:

Hi, Sounds like batttery is bad, not charging up.

I do have some new batteries, but I'm not sure these lights use AA.... I may have to buy some outdoor rechargeable AAA's if that's the problem. Good idea, tho. Thanks!
--
rebel

On 05/18/2015 07:57 AM, rebel wrote:

Some use AA, some AAA, and some 2/3AA.
BTW, 2/3AA are the same diameter as AA but shorter. They're not a common size sold in stores.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 5/18/2015 12:37 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

ohh I think I've seen th 2/3AA ones. They did look like short AA's.
--
rebel

On 05/18/2015 12:59 PM, rebel wrote:
[snip]

When I had those lights, I looked on the internet for 2/3AA replacements. They cost a lot more than new lights with batteries.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 5/19/2015 11:27 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I didn't see the price, but the ones I saw were in a Home Depot, I think.
--
rebel

On 5/17/2015 9:03 PM, rebel wrote:

might help to disclose a link to the light specs.

I can look it up, but will have to hunt down the paperwork. I'll try to find it tonight. I thought about posting a link about 3 mins after I hit send. By then I was well on my way to sawing some serious logs... Zzzzzz
--
rebel

On 5/18/2015 12:03 AM, rebel wrote:

Sounds like you need the Ranco Autowhacker, as seen on TV. Sold by Billy May, also. Just plug it in (needs no batteries, Mom!) and it whacks your device at variable time intervals.
On Mon, 18 May 2015 06:40:34 -0400, Stormin Mormon

LOL
I dunno... If I want something whacked it's more satisfying to do it myself!
--
rebel