soil to pool deck washed away

Hi During hurricane Wilma my concrete pool deck had some damage requiring it to be (light transformer box damaged from tree landing on deck) to cut open to replace the electric conduit. While they had the deck cut open (narrow strip to replace iron conduit pipe with PVC) the workers discovered that the deck was sitting on air in the middle with the outer areas connected to either the pool or to the house. The skimmer on my pool had developed a leak such that the water from the pool has been going under the concrete deck of the patio area and washed away the sand that the deck was sitting on. I have the three following questions.

  1. How do we determine the extent of the wash away? We only have a narrow section strip open.
  2. What is the best way to repair it?
  3. Would home owners insurance cover the cost of determining the extent the missing foundation and the repair of the missing foundation??

Regards

Ralph

Reply to
ralph

  1. How do we determine the extent of the wash away? We only have a narrow section strip open.

Bust up more crete.

  1. What is the best way to repair it?

contact your favorite structural engineer

  1. Would home owners insurance cover the cost of determining the extent the missing foundation and the repair of the missing foundation??

Call 'em

Reply to
DAC