Softener brine tank

I accidentally let my brine tank run out of salt. Now the tank is half full with water and the overflow keeps running. Before I ran out of salt there was only about 3 inches of water in the bottom of the tank. Is there something I need to do to get things back in order or is manually emptying the water the only/best solution? Thanks for any help.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Joe,

It would help to know what brand/model softener you have. Water should not accumulate in the brine tank. You need to get the softener serviced or service it yourself. Disassemble, clean, replace bad parts, et c.

Good luck, Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

not being a smart ass but if it was full of salt, how did you know how much water there was? anyways you should have a little tube inside salt tank , that holds your float . if you have't refilled your salt tank yet then dissasemble and clean the float. empty water out fill 1\3 w/ salt and manually regenerate. go from there

Reply to
Playintennis5274

It is an earlier model Kinetico (tan tanks). Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Joe

No problem :) . I noticed it was low before I ran out so, I could see the water level. I just forgot to refill it for a while after that. Thanks for the info. I sent you an email by accident Sorry about that.

Reply to
Joe