Soffit vent repair

My soffit has a 2 inch wide vent and there is a portion of it that was damaged (about 6 inches in length). I can cut a piece to replace it, but I cannot figure out how to attach it from the inside. There is no way to reach it from the attic, it's at the end of it and it's way too tight. So I have to try to do it from below, seems I have to glue it since there is no way to nail or screw it but even using glue is not going to work if I cannot apply any pressure on the other side.

I hope I don't have to open a hole in the T&G T-111 wood soffit just to attach the vent. There must be a better way?

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
nmbexcuse

Why do you need to apply pressure?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Run a string through the vent and tie a weight to it to hold the vent down while the glue sets. You might need a couple of strings to insure that the vent lays flat.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Run a string through the vent and tie a weight to it to hold the vent down while the glue sets. You might need a couple of strings to insure that the vent lays flat.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Assuming this is continuous screened vent, cut a piece that's too long so it overlaps the good part of the old screen, and select a pop rivet that's a good fit for the holes in the screen. That will squeeze the upper screen down against the new screen.

Reply to
<josh