Sod redux

The greatest portion of the sod was laid today, leaving about a pallet left. The sod was as thick as I have seen it, but a little thinner than the thickest. It does NOT have a woven plastic mat, but an INCREDIBLY developed root system. I am taking pains to keep it moist.
It looks great!
3400 sf of sod certainly improved the look of sand, grit, and rocks. The dogs love it, and were frolicking around as we were doing it. They are rescue pooches, each getting here about last summer. They were laying on it with their back feet extended, I guess enjoying the cool and getting a free scratch.
Sod isn't rocket science, but I did learn some things. I surely learned that I never want to do it again, but will pay to have it done if I need any more, or have to do it on another property.
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com Heart Surgery Survival Guide
On 7/2/2011 1:55 PM, Steve B wrote:

did you roll it?
--
Steve Barker

No, it was in rolls when we got it.
Sorry.
Yes, we rolled it.
Steve
In

I'm sure it was hard to keep lit<g>

You did give the poor sod some sort of topsoil to grow on, didn't you?
Joe

You did give the poor sod some sort of topsoil to grow on, didn't you?
Joe
$600 worth............

fescue/bluegrass mix