Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

Page 5 of 6
On 10/24/2015 06:07 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Need a 10mm to put you out of your misery...
On 10/23/2015 04:36 PM, Don Y wrote:

I'm more at ease with metric than I will admit but centigrade still throws me, particularly when they're bitching about being cold a 5 degrees and I realize they're talking about shirt sleeve weather.
On 10/23/2015 6:38 PM, rbowman wrote:

Yeah, I have a friend in Bulgaria where it is apparently perpetually cold (plus, I don't think they heat their buildings like we do!) It's always tedious trying to relate to *his* cold weather (-10C? Pfft! Try -26 in Chicago with a -83 windchill!) and *my* hot weather (45C just doesn't sound very hot! OTOH, 113F...)
On 10/23/2015 5:36 PM, Don Y wrote:

LOL You weren't nervous were you?
--
Maggie

On 10/23/2015 9:00 PM, Muggles wrote:

Actually, I was concerned that I was wearing a three piece suit and *not* sweating like a pig! At a temperature that I would otherwise have imagined would leave me in a pool of water!
On 10/23/2015 06:14 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Did the kids parents actually fall for that cock and bull story?
On 10/23/2015 02:33 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Back in the day I remember cruising down the Mac & Jac Speedway at an honest 100.

The difference being *rural* vs. *city*! :> I found 45 to be considerably higher than the norm I experienced for "in city" driving in Chicago, Boston, Denver, etc.

Montana didn't have a daytime speed limit but the Feds browbeat them into one. For a while I90 was 75, 65 within cities, but they just took it back up to 80. When what passes for cities are about 100 miles apart it helps.
I'll have to admit the speed limit didn't break my heart. Riding a bike and keeping up with the traffic flow when the SUVs and F-250s are running 95 to 100 on two lane can make you nervous. If they screw up, you're the one that's going to die.
Sometimes 45 can be too much. Coming home tonight the first obstacle was a deer leisurely strolling across the road. Half a mile down the road I'm crossing a two lane bridge and a large, white, suicidal dog was running at me head on. At least the turkeys weren't lurking around the blind 20 mph corner.

SAE or metric cops?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

kilo. The cops in Alberta get really pissy if you don't convert those 100 kph signs.
On 10/23/2015 9:04 PM, rbowman wrote:

I remember a conversation between my sister, a damn Yankee, and a friend who is Canadian.
Sister: So, how fast did you drive, coming down here? Canadian: Oh, we did about a hundred. Sister: Wow, that's fast. We only go about sixty five.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 12:59:09 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have this interesting set, grips hex, rounded-worn hex, external torx, an d spline. (got mine at Menards for $20) (Amazon.com product link shortened) T20-Pass-Through-Ratchet-20-Piece/dp/B009L8GEPM/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive &ie=UTF8&qid45556574&sr=1-1&keywords=crescent+socket+set
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:37:08 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

bolt-head or nut that is still recognizeable. They are "last resort" sockets for bolts or nuts that have been chewed by some idiot with a vice-grips.
On 10/22/2015 11:59 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've got metric sets in the Suzuki bikes and the Toyota. I have both in the Ford and Harley. The Japanese use metric, the Americans use whatever was in the parts bin.

You could always try one of these: <http://www.thisnext.com/item/B51A76DA/Gator-Grips-Universal-Socket
on 10/22/2015, Stormin Mormon supposed :

Save some money and buy a monkey wrench.
On 10/24/2015 11:36 AM, Eagle wrote:

Would I shop at Mongomery Wards?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I don't know...is there a monkey wards open somewhere?
On 10/24/2015 12:59 PM, Eagle wrote:

Sort of:
http://www.wards.com/