So Where Are All These Unemployed People?

Page 6 of 6

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:55:16 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Over yonder.
Oren wrote:

Who dat be done got my check? Where it at?
TDD
It was cancelled. You didn't have enough hope.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dang! I ain't gots no change left.
TDD
The economic recovery and low unemployment didn't materialize. Congress spent money like drunken liberal sailors, and Uncle Bammy signed off on the spending. Now, the economy is a mess, and the middle class is being over taxed. And it's all George W. Bush's fault. That's Uncle Bammy's story, and he's sticking to it.
Most nearly all the USA is in major financial strain, and there is no relief in sight. Inflation is likely to happen soon. Brother, can you spare a thousand bucks for a cup of hot chocolate?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm tired of Americans crying in their soup, blaming pols for what they have done to themselves. First, they dedicated 10 years to examining Bill Clinton's sex life when there were scads of vital issues, like terrorism, being ignored. Too many voters voting one issue or voting their religion. Buying imports by the billions and billions of dollars, knowing jobs were bleeding out of the US and going overseas. Getting in hock up to their eyeballs and then burning up home equity to pay debts.
The experts/gods/economists have been harping about America's dismal personal savings rates....been talking about that at least 30 years. Banks don't have money to loan...DUH! Once we all got a few shares of stocks in 401k's, we all started voting like corporate board members. Yeh, I want my stock to earn more so, sure, send those jobs to India or Malaysia or Mexico...I want profit at any cost.
Terrorism isn't going to matter much if drugs keep pouring through our borders, but at least many will be dying happier with whatever they put up their noses or in their veins.
Four weeks after the worst disaster in our hemisphere, the big news is Sarah Palin and the Super Bowl commercials. Oh, and Michael Jackson again. What was it he died of?
I'm not sure who all you are talking about. Probably the lame-stream media. They are the ones who kept harping "it's all about sex" when the Republicans impeached WJC for perjury and selling missile secrets to the Chinese.
I'm one of many tens of millions of Americans who have no interest in street drugs, and wish that the legislators would better secure the border, and stop giving my tax dollars to illegal alien border criminals who don't respect our laws. I'd also like to see the concept of "anchor babies" repealed.
Michael Jackson. Isn't he the crotch grabbing singer guy who dangled his own baby son off a balcony, and plays with white boys who are middle school age?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 14:10:52 GMT, stayin@home. (Stranded) wrote:

It's not about finding a job (anyone with two college degrees can find a minimum-paying job), it's about survival. Folks here are more concened about their drugs (they think they need) or milk supply than an icy-snowy driveway.
Folks here are more

Would you care to comment on that?
Steve
Change your last name to something Haitian sounding, and call for government airdrop of food?
Unemployed people. Well, we should bring back the CCC.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus