So Much For 'Energy Star' Ratings

Always had a feeling 'Energy Star' ratings were a mostly bogus hype... looks like I was right.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

sad thing is a A Gasoline-Powered Alarm Clock will appeal to some ...

Reply to
gnu / linux

How many wake ups per gallon?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On 3/27/2010 5:18 PM The Daring Dufas spake thus:

Hell, them there things are gas hogs; it's gallons per wake-up.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Some may want one but I am NOT trading in my Propane powered one!

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Have even heard of a clock that has been invented that has that has a great big spring inside it that one winds up! Sounds improbable because what would stop the spring unwinding too quickly, or too slowly? It escapes me how that could be controlled so that clock does not run down and then not wake you up the next morning? Might be safer than something that uses propane or gasoline or other fuels? And those those darn candle clocks burn far too unevenly on a windy night AND you have to wake up to check the time, or have one of the slaves do so and they often doze off too as well! But if true; very ingenious; and if requiring no batteries or electrcity very economic and environmentally friendly. Imagine buying one clock for lifetime of work! A few twists of the spring by hand each night and ............. ! Darn clever, somebody should patent it. Probably be too expensive for ordinary folks to afford though. Signed: I Settler.

Reply to
terry

It might not be as bad as it sounds, it could have a fuel cell inside instead of a Briggs and Stratton.

Reply to
DT

DT wrote the following:

It does not exist. It was a set-up to test the energy star certification process.

willshak