Snowplow idea

There are snow blower in home depot.. haven't seen a snowplow machine on the marketing.. is it possible to build one? If not, why??

What about having something like a snow pusher thing attached in the front of a lawn mower or similar (perhaps more powerful need) machine.. Will it work?

C.P.

Reply to
00_CumPeeWearD12

In additional to my question... the idea is to use something like this "Garant snowplow". If you have used one of this before, you will know all the snow goes on the side while you push forward.

00_CumPeeWearD12

Sure it will work. ATV's have plow attachments. Hell I gutted the blower of my JohnDeere tractor and used it as a box plow.

Reply to
Mike D

Most garden tractors have the option.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

"00_CumPeeWearD12" wrote

Sure!

and then we will call you the Snowplow King, Homer....

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Sure, on a truck, tractor, or ATV. For a walk behind, it is not heavy enough or powerful enough to move any great amount of snow. Easier to blow it out of the way.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

When I was a kid (late in the Ice Age), we had a walk-behind snowplow. As I recall, the blade (fixed position of about 30 degrees to one side) was about 2 feet wide and the engine was 5HP.

It was OK for the first snow - except for the wide apron in front of the garage: too far to push. When additional snow fell, the snow piles blocked the way for pushing additional snow. A snowblower is much better.

Reply to
Roby

Lots of riding mowers have snow plow attachments available...you need to look a little harder...like at Sears.

Reply to
curmudgeon

They have them in Cabelas.com in the ATV section.

00_CumPeeWearD12 wrote:

Len Shure

Try this:

I saw a guy on TV using a leaf-mulcher to blow snow! You know the kind: Hangs on your shoulder, sucks up leaves, grinds them to mush, and blows them in a bag (no bag for snow).

There was something awfully unsettling about what he was doing, but it seemed to work.

Reply to
JerryMouse

=========================== Plows honestly work very well for the first few snowfalls of the year, after which it is very easy to end up in a situation where you have no place to push any more or new snow...

Been there done that.... Give me my snowblower any day of the week.... or better yet I should just move South ...

Bob Griffiths

.
Reply to
Bob G.