Snowblower Warranty Question; Dealer Responsibilities ?

Hello:

Thought I'd ask here, first, before getting into any possible hassle with the dealer.

Bought a new Ariens snowblower from an independent dealer that handles Ariens and a bunch of other power equipment a few months ago.

He agreed to deliver the unit to our house without a delivery charge, but wasn't too thrilled about doing so.

Anyway, it appears that the Carb probably needs some adjustment. Unit is of course still under warranty.

No way we can lug the unit back to his place; certainly won't fit into trunk of car.

What's normal, or legally required, for him to do under warranty ?

Is it our responsibility to get the unit back to him for warranty repairs ? Or is expected to come to house to either pick it up, or repair it ? Or,... ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

I would guess you should read your warranty. My guess is it is your responsibility unless it specifically says otherwise.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

When you purchased the unit the dealer gave you a warranty slip. On this slip it tells you what you are and what you are not covered for. It will also tell you who is responsible to get the unit back to the dealer for repairs. If the dealer did not give you this slip, how do you know if you have any warranty at all?

Reply to
JerryL

Major appliance warranties cover travel for the repair person. Snowblowers are not like that. Read the warranty that came with your snow blower.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Carb adjustments are an easy DIY screwdriver-only project. Take a look at the owners' manual.

Edw.

Reply to
Special Ed

If this is a NEW snowblower, there probably isn't any way to adjust it. New small engines are typically made without any external carb adjustments so that the factory settings are not messed with. As I understand it, this has been going on for a few years now and is due to a need to lower the emission of these small engines.

Reply to
louie

What, exactly, makes you think it needs a carb adjustment?

Reply to
Mys Terry

=========================================== It is your reponsibility to get the machine back to the dealer... plain and simple...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Yes.

He may offer a service to do repairs at your place, but that would be charged for. Only the labor portion under warranty would be covered. Travel time is on you. Thee may be exceptions, but that would have been spelled out by the dealer.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski