Snowblower stalls out when warm/hot?

Page 1 of 2
I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls out....Any ideas?

SPARK PLUG
Oren wrote:

Does it have ignition module? If it does, it may be heat sensitive. Right after it stalls out,see if it has good spark.

It has electric start, not sure about an ignition module... it is 25++ years old, if this help...

I changed the spark plug last year and it still stalls and misfires when warm...

Change it again and be happy....
i'd be checking the venting on the fuel tank. next time it does it, take and loosen the fuel cap. see what that does.

will do...
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:12:37 -0600, "S. Barker"

I've got a nickel. Bad plug..
I can be wrong...simple enough to exchange.

Work faster removing the snow. Bubba

It sounds electrical, after 20 minutes its warm, ignition modules failing often do so when hot, see if spark is bad when it happens.

I'll will check the spark the next time I use it...

LOL... good one!

While I'm talking to you guys, would it be a good idea to run synthetic engine oil in this old girl? If yes, what grade?

While I'm talking to you guys, would it be a good idea to run synthetic engine oil in this old girl? If yes, what grade?
Me, I like Castrol 5W30. Castrol cause my last truck had a rod knock, and Castrol was the only brand that quieted the rod knock for more than two days.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"Howie" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

While I'm talking to you guys, would it be a good idea to run synthetic engine oil in this old girl? If yes, what grade?

While I'm talking to you guys, would it be a good idea to run synthetic engine oil in this old girl? If yes, what grade?

LOL... good one!

This can happen if the engine overheats where the metal parts expand and seize up the piston. If 4 stroke check your oil level. If two stroke be rigorous in follwing the oil fuel mix ratio. Mine is a two stroke 50:1 mix ratio. It was sensitive to too much oil (guesswork when adding the oil) in the fuel and developed the symptoms you described among other annoyances.