Snowblower stalls out when warm/hot?

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls out....Any ideas?

Reply to
Howie

SPARK PLUG

Reply to
Oren

i'd be checking the venting on the fuel tank. next time it does it, take and loosen the fuel cap. see what that does.

S. Barker

Hi, Does it have ignition module? If it does, it may be heat sensitive. Right after it stalls out,see if it has good spark.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It has electric start, not sure about an ignition module... it is 25++ years old, if this help...

Reply to
Howie

will do...

Reply to
Howie

I changed the spark plug last year and it still stalls and misfires when warm...

Reply to
Howie

I've got a nickel. Bad plug..

I can be wrong...simple enough to exchange.

Reply to
Oren

Change it again and be happy....

Reply to
Oren

Work faster removing the snow. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

It sounds electrical, after 20 minutes its warm, ignition modules failing often do so when hot, see if spark is bad when it happens.

Reply to
ransley

This can happen if the engine overheats where the metal parts expand and seize up the piston. If 4 stroke check your oil level. If two stroke be rigorous in follwing the oil fuel mix ratio. Mine is a two stroke 50:1 mix ratio. It was sensitive to too much oil (guesswork when adding the oil) in the fuel and developed the symptoms you described among other annoyances.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

it is a 4 stroke...so see if the oil is low? I don't think so...

Reply to
Howie

I'll will check the spark the next time I use it...

Reply to
Howie

LOL... good one!

Reply to
Howie

LOL... good one!

Reply to
Howie

While I'm talking to you guys, would it be a good idea to run synthetic engine oil in this old girl? If yes, what grade?