Snowblower model number 6709

Page 2 of 2
Thanks John - I will ask this guy ih he knows. By the looks of it - if he doesn't know ... nobody will...
Thanks again.
John Lawrence wrote:

Looks like about a 7 HP Tecumseh. As i wrote in an earlier post, it's a four stroke.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

djogon wrote:

OK, now that I've seen the photos, and to retain my reputation as a smartass, I can tell you that ISN'T a snowblower.
It's a snowthrower, because there's no "blower" part there. The snow just gets moved to the center of the two augers and then gets "flung" up through the chute by the auger's center section.
They don't move snow anywhere near as far as "blower" models.
I owned a similar one sold by Sears back in the early 60s; It looked to be pretty much the same design as yours except the wheels didn't even have rubber tires, they were just heavy gauge sheet steel discs with tabs bent alternately to either side around their circumference.
But, IIRC mine had larger "throwing pieces" between the augers than what appear in your photos. I wunner if yours originally had paddles fastened between the augers which got lost. Maybe another poster can comment on that. Anyway, you'll know pretty fast if you get it running and very little snow gets flung out the chute the first time you need to use it.
I switched over to a 1966 Airens which I bought cheap around 1970 from a guy who'd stripped the spark plug hole and never got around to fixing it. I slapped a new head and gasket on it and it's run fine since then. The only work I've had to do on it was replace the recoil starter handle when it snapped in two last year (I sprang for a new rope too.) and have my son weld some new steel "skids" onto it a few years ago when the original ones got ground away.
I call it "The Widowmaker" cause it's got zero safety features on it. Even the ends of the auger housing are D shaped so nothing guards the forward ends of the augers, which makes it great for "twisting" it into a snowbank.
Good luck with it!
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia