Snow thrower prep

That time of the year to prep my snow thrower for the coming season.
Engine used is a Tecumseh Snow King. This year when I went to fire it up the speed would not go above idle. Quickly determined the cause to be a sticky throttle advance. Sprayed it clean with carb cleaner and it seems OK.
Question is should I leave it as is or provide a lubricant? If so what type of lubricant? If it matters the winters here rarely get below zero degrees Fahrenheit.

On the snow throwers that I have had, some of the linkages are meant to be dry as lubricants either become too viscous to be useful or don't stay put (drain away from where you want lubrication).
There is a governor on the engine and that has to be free moving.
Change the spark plug and properly gap it. Change the oil with the proper oil for the conditions in your area being careful not to over fill as Tecumseh engines don't tolerate being over filled even a little bit....fouls the spark plug very quickly.
Get some fresh gas and fill the tank and you should be ready to go.
Worn out Retread wrote:

So would you just leave it after being cleaned with the carb cleaner or might there be some other dry lubricant that should be used?

Leave it dry as the amont of movement it doe's is minute just make sure the cables are lubricated with Graphite