Snow Thrower belching smoke and really loud

Hi all,
Well my subject says it all. I bought a new Yard Machine 5.5 HP Single Stage snow thrower with a push button for eletric ignition. The Tecuimseh engine it employs is a two-cycle form that requires a fuel mix ratio of 50:1 (1 gallon of unleaded fuel for every 2.5 oz of the 2 cycle oil). I am pretty sure I have the mixture right (and I did this before I added it into the fuel tank). When I power on the thrower, the engine ROARS to life and belches a ton of smoke form its exhaust. The noise and smoke goes on for an unusually long period of time. Does this sound familiar to any of you? Any obvious problem or something to check for?
Thanks.
It might be the choke is on. Does it have an automatic choke or are you supposed take off the choke after it starts, or a mixture screw if it has an adjustable screw is set to rich, turn in to lean it.
It's manual and according to the instructions, I have to put it to Full Choke when I start it up. I never took off the choke w=once its started though so I'll give that a try. Thanks.
raazdeth wrote:

I hope to hear the "thwock" from your self inflicted "dope slap" if that solves the problem <G>
Your obviously a "youngster" who never owned or drove a car with a manual choke knob.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:10:58 -0800, raazdeth wrote:

My 5.5 H.P. Yard machine snowblower is a Tecumseh FOUR stroke. Are you sure you have a 2 stroke? I'm not saying they don't make them, I've just never saw one.
Rastus wrote:

Yes, it's a two-cycle engine.
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0161684763.1133711538@@@@&BV_EngineIDfcaddggjmemehcgelceffdfgidglo.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID76&N)84+5234&pos=n20
http://www.homedepot.com wrote

Dang.