Snow Throwe/Blower Shoe Setting?

I just bought a Troy-Bilt 5.5hp 2 stage snow thrower & am looking for recommendations to set the height of the shoes (that contact the ground on either side of the intake) for a paved driveway? Should I allow the shave plate (or whatever it's called) to rest on the pavement or raise it up a bit?
let it rest on it
Wayne

wayne wrote:

Unless of course you've got a gravel driveway, then raise it up at least an inch, but you may still toss a few pebbles, so watch where you're pointing the discharge.
HTH,
Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)