Snow shovel release

I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.
nb
On 9 Feb 2011 19:14:44 GMT, notbob wrote:

Automotive wax or ski wax

I've used PAM cooking spray before, but if there's something better I'd like to know!
nate

I've been using PAM for 27 years. A roommate left a big can behind, and for the first couple years, I also used it to cook with on occasion, but I stopped that, and I only use it for snow shoveling.
I'm on the same can.
It always works but not always great but it certainly worked great this last time.
notbob wrote:

Yes. Wax or silicon spray should help.
On 2/9/2011 3:37 PM, HeyBub wrote:

thereof.
--
aem sends....

I've been using this on my snowblower chute for no other reason than I found it in my garage. (I think I got it in a give-away package at some event some time ago)
http://media.sullivancommercial.com/products/749930.gif
I have nothing to compare it to, but it seems to work. I blew some heavy slushy stuff the other day and didn't get one clog.
On 2/9/2011 4:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I've never used anything on my snowblower in 4.5 years, and never had a clog. Of course, I avoid snow that I know contains salt, and blow it out with the leaf blower at the end of every session, before I drive it back into the garage. Only time I ever almost clogged it was when it ate a bagged newspaper that was buried in a snow drift. I felt it lug, and let go of the auger handle, and was able to pull it out before it jammed hard.
--
aem sends...

I've heard that WD40 works but never tried it myself.
notbob wrote:

Most anything works but all wear off quickly.

Especially on my driveway - gravel. Not a speck of paint left in the chute after only a few uses. No spray is going to help when the gravel is rattling up the chute :). I have only had a few plugs and that always from teh slushy snow berm the state is so kind to donate to me.
Harry K

If the snow is that wet and heavy, I just give the blade a kick with each scoop.
--
Tegger

Leave the shovel outside so it stays cold. Also, keep it clean.