Snow shovel release

I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or silicone spray to help reduce the sticking? Thnx.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Automotive wax or ski wax

Reply to
Michael Dobony

I've used PAM cooking spray before, but if there's something better I'd like to know!

nate

Reply to
N8N

Yes. Wax or silicon spray should help.

Reply to
HeyBub

I've been using this on my snowblower chute for no other reason than I found it in my garage. (I think I got it in a give-away package at some event some time ago)

I have nothing to compare it to, but it seems to work. I blew some heavy slushy stuff the other day and didn't get one clog.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I've heard that WD40 works but never tried it myself.

Reply to
Pavel314

Most anything works but all wear off quickly.

Reply to
LSMFT

I've had good luck with Pam cooking spray, or the store brand knockoff thereof.

Reply to
aemeijers

notbob wrote in news:8rg7d4FkttU3 @mid.individual.net:

If the snow is that wet and heavy, I just give the blade a kick with each scoop.

Reply to
Tegger

I've never used anything on my snowblower in 4.5 years, and never had a clog. Of course, I avoid snow that I know contains salt, and blow it out with the leaf blower at the end of every session, before I drive it back into the garage. Only time I ever almost clogged it was when it ate a bagged newspaper that was buried in a snow drift. I felt it lug, and let go of the auger handle, and was able to pull it out before it jammed hard.

Reply to
aemeijers

Leave the shovel outside so it stays cold. Also, keep it clean.

Reply to
krw

I've been using PAM for 27 years. A roommate left a big can behind, and for the first couple years, I also used it to cook with on occasion, but I stopped that, and I only use it for snow shoveling.

I'm on the same can.

It always works but not always great but it certainly worked great this last time.

Reply to
mm

Especially on my driveway - gravel. Not a speck of paint left in the chute after only a few uses. No spray is going to help when the gravel is rattling up the chute :). I have only had a few plugs and that always from teh slushy snow berm the state is so kind to donate to me.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K