Snow on Monday Feb 02

Western NY, USA. Dateline Feb 02, 2015 Action news reporter, bringing you the news live. Standing out in the wind and snow with no hat on....

===============================

Woke to find 10 (ten) inches heavy snow on my side porch. Yes, I measured.

Lucky me, 8:30 AM my snow shovel helper arrived, and I'm mostly freed up. Need to push the snow off the truck and shovel that, only take a few minutes.

Going over to the church to run the big snow blower there, and move a few ton of snow.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Here is eastern CT it is still coming down. About 5" so far. I don't work five days any more so I took today off so I don't have to deal with a 24 mile ride to work.

When it stops later I'll take out the snowblower and dig us out

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Woke up to a good foot of snow on the ground and 2 foot plus drifts. Tightened up the shear pins on the Yamaha and topped up the tank. Stopped an hour later to refill the tank, and again about 15 minutes later to replace a shear pin.

2 1/2 hours of blowing snow, cleared my driveway, 2 senior citizen neighbours' driveways, and about 5 neighbours' sidewalks (well over 500 feet) as well as all the snow the plough left in front of the house coming around the corner. Cleared the end of my driveway twice.

Quite a few places the snow was significantly deeper than the hood on my blower. I called the office when I finished to see if there was anything that required my attention -n only a few employees had made it in so I put my feet up and stayed home.

Reply to
clare

Northern DE missed the bullet again. Inch of slush this am all melted now. Yet to fire up the snow thrower this year.

Reply to
Frank

Hi, Calgary, AB. Couple inches of fluffy stuff. Maybe half an hour to blow off the drive way. No wind, temp. is minus 15 or so in Celcius. Heard ground hog predicted early spring.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Brother-in-law in Cleveland reports a foot of snow on his car. He's staying home.

In Cleveland it is moisture off Lake Erie and here off the Gulf of Mexico and our coast.

Reply to
Frank

Foot of snow in Cleveland is a good reason to stay home. Good choice.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On 02 Feb 2015, Ed Pawlowski wrote in alt.home.repair:

Eastern Massachusetts... there's maybe 8 - 10 inches of snow so far and it's still coming down hard and is very windy. The town plow came by and put a 3 1/2 foot wall of ice in front of my driveway, which had taken me 3 days to clear out from the last storm. I'm hoping it calms down before dark so I can go out and shovel.

The last storm was called a "blizzard", but this one seems more like one to me than that one did. The snow is a lot heavier and visibility is much poorer.

Reply to
Nil

Plus he's 80 years old.

Reply to
Frank

We in the north east have a love-hate thing about snow plows. Sure is nice to have the road clear, but do you have to pile three feet of snow at the end of my drive way?

I was out a bit today, in western NY. The winds are brutal, and the wind chill is way below zero.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is the reason Cleveland or the snow?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Stormin' Mormon:

And I thought you lived in Utah, LOL!

As for us here in the bullseye state(Connecticut), counting the snow falling from the last quarter of the Super Bowl last night up to just 2 hours ago, I think we got between

10-12 inches. Certainly more than that joke " blizzard of the century" last Tuesday!
Reply to
thekmanrocks

Around here, six more weeks of winter IS an early spring!!

Reply to
clare

Sorry, by accident of birth, ended up in PRNY. I was also a bit amused when NYC snow storm of the century turned out to be a miss.

Ten inches snow is plenty to affect things. I was out yesterday to drive places, and it was dangerous. Ought have stayed home.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon