Snow makes motion sensor turn on

Page 2 of 2

Mike Ryan wrote:

Mine will trip when wind gusts blow a nearby arborvitae shrub. Do you have something that may be blowing in the wind and tripping the light?
-Felder

Could be ants. There is even a song about it . . . .
"The ants are my friend are blowing in the wind . . . . "

imho:
My motion detectors get very sensitive in the cold whether. So I turn down all the sensitivity settings. Also, I use outdoor fluorescent light bulbs, so the electricity doen't cause me fret about them popping on now and then.
tom @ www.MedJobSite.com

You might try reading your directions. All sorts of useful information in there regarding setting the sensitivity controls, false triggering, reasons for false triggering, etc. If you notice, they come in all price ranges and features. But each one should function reasonably and not come on when a moth or snowflake flies past.
HTH.
Steve
WHAT?! Read the manual that came with a device??
--
Steve Barker

"Steve B" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:50:29 -0600, "Steve Barker"
You're right. That's not a good idea. Most manauls are written by communists or islamo-fascists.