Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

^^^ Certainly wasn't me. I think it was "Clare", in defense of his silly idea that microprocessors aren't computers. I've never heard of the thing.

Reply to
krw

Hey, Don - I agree with you one hundred percent.

Reply to
clare

I posted the correction- it is CURTA. If you've never heard of one-You haven't rallyed Particularly back in the seventies.

Reply to
clare

I didn't say otherwise.

Nope. I never got into the sport but even calculators were forbidden in the rallies my friends participated in.

Reply to
krw

Possibly because that's *not* the link he posted (see above).

Reply to
Doug Miller

LOL, I just had a discussion with my family all emailing each other. A one sentence reply but they quoted 10 pages of meaningless drivel.

I hope this clean and lean format doesn't confuse people.

Reply to
Tony

I ran the Ontario Regional Navigational Rallye Championship series for

3 years back in the late 70s and early 80s. Curtas and sliderules (mostly the round ones) ruled back then, and programmable calculators were legal the final year I competed. We had an electronic odometer designed (usung a calculator) that we would have used the next year had we continued, as well as an HP Programmable calculator that my "aggravator"used us a civil engineering technologist and had programmed to do the ET calculations.
Reply to
clare

ts

I had just taken a quick look at the summary and thought I saw you googled it also spelled with a C. Just trying to help, not bust your balls.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Or even ben a fan...or interested in the subject. I had the hots for one and never even considered rallying. Price turned me off.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K