Snow-blower question? ? ?

Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already fully assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small plastic package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which explains their use.
I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell me what these bolts are for.
More than likely, they are replacement shear pins, for when you attempt to blow snow that is in large chucks or has the newspaper jammed in it.

fully
Sounds like replacement shear bolts. There are bolts on your blower that are designed to break (shear) if something gets stuck in the auger - when a shear bolt breaks, it disengages the drive so whatever got stuck doesn't make it any further into the blower. You don't want to get stuck without replacements - because the weather is usually bad when need one!

fully
Not to mention, when the weather is bad enough to break your shear pins, mysteriously, the stores seem to be out of them!
Been there....got the t-shirt Dave.

| Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already fully | assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small plastic | package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which | explains their use. | | I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell me | what these bolts are for. | There for when you wrap the dog chain up in the auger.
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:09:10 GMT, "Harry G."

They're there for giving to Harry G - just so he knows what a pair of nuts feel like when not banging against his ass.
| >| Today I bought a fairly heavy-duty snow-blower, an Ariens 623, already | >fully | >| assembled. The packet of instructions materials contained a small plastic | >| package with two 1.5-inch bolts with nuts. I can't find anything which | >| explains their use. | >| | >| I'd be grateful to anyone who has one of these machines and could tell me | >| what these bolts are for. | >| | >There for when you wrap the dog chain up in the auger. | > | They're there for giving to Harry G - just so he knows what a pair of | nuts feel like when not banging against his ass.
You do seem to be well versed when it comes to "nuts".
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selmQdavb%24oqp%40dfw-ixnews10.ix.netcom.com
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:46:30 GMT, "Harry G."

little.