snow blower parts

I have an older craftsman snow blower that runs great and pump snow perfectly but I have 3 minor issues and I am not sure if they can be fixed. Sears says they discontinued making the parts. My 3 issues are...
1. The part where the snow flys out of spins from vibration so I have to hold it so the snow blows in the correct direction.
2. The handle that puts the blower wheels in gear does not stay in place. It jumps in and out.
3. The tires are bald.
From what I see all the parts are there but I don't know how these parts originally stayed in place. I took a picture if anyone thinks they can help or suggest a way to fix this.
Picture here: http://www.atwill.com/snow /
Thanks in advance.

Get a rubber grommet that fits the bracket and provides the necessary friction.

This appears to be adjustable. The rod should have threads at one end or the other to increase the tension once you throw the lever.

Rogaine is now available OTC or just find the right size wheels at a repair place.