Snow Blower Maintanence

I got an Atlas Snowblower from my Great Uncle. It is about 7 years old and i don't he has used it the last few years. Is there any type of maintanence that should be done to a 2 stroke, other than changing the spark plug. Also, i tried searching the internet for atlas snow blower info, but couldn't find any. Are they still around or did someone buy them up. Thanks in advance, i don't want to get stuck shoveling now that i have it.
On 1/11/2005 10:08 PM US(ET), John Sheehy took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Murray, MTD, or some other mfg. that makes equipment for chain stores, like WalMart, K-Mart, or the franchise hardware stores (Ace, TruValue). I bought my first garden tractor from Agway (a franchise farm supply store). It was branded a 'Southern States', but it was a Murray. You didn't say whether the blower works, but if it has been laying around for a couple of years, the first thing I would do is to clean the old gas mixture out and refill it with fresh fuel. If it runs, just do the regular maintenance required of all gas motorized equipment: Spark plug, air filter, lubrication, fan belts, if equiped, etc. Did your Great Uncle keep the user manual?
--
Bill

It does work but I want to keep it that way, and since I was never around when he first got it, I'm not really sure if it ran any smoother or not. There is no user manual with it. I think i'm going to open it up and see if there are any engine markings to find more info on service / maintenance. Thanks for the reply, i couldn't figure out who made this damn thing.

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 03:08:48 GMT, "John Sheehy"

http://www.sutherlands.com/powerequipmentparts.htm
http://www.dreamscape.com/fayequip/parts_we_carry.htm
http://www.themotorbookstore.com/snowserandre.html
Good luck!
After about five years of service, my Toro (also a two cycle machine) needed a drive belt. I checked my usual suppliers, but they didn't have it. Had to get it at a local Toro shop. Might need a belt, some snow blowers use a chain. If it uses a chain, oil or grease the chain.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

plugs,wires,filter,adjust the carb stuff like that.they say if a gas lawnmower or snow blower wont start after 3 pulls of the cord needs repair.most new ones always start after 2 pulls.