Snapper impeller belt replacement

I have a Snapper model 8262 and my blower is simply not throwing snow very well. Have tried the cable clutch adjustment, but that doesn't make a difference. Can someone explain how I can change the belt, and is this something I should buy a service manual for. Seems like i have to remove the auger and gearbox. Any help would be appreciated, I thought I'd do the drive belt at the same time. Are the pulleys themselves anything i need to replace. Machine is about 7 years old. Chris.