snake catching thing

Many years ago I saw a two piece thing for catching and transporting snakes. It was made up of one piece that had an L bracket on a long handle that was used to pin the snake to the ground. The other piece was another handle that had a loop on one end that you could put over the snakes head and tighten with one hand. What is this thing called and where do I purchase it? I don`t want to kill the black snake but it is after some baby birds. All snakes are good snakes but I don`t want him/her under my deck either.
Add pictures here
✖
Herb,
Google "choke stick" or "noose pole". They make small ones for snakes.
Dave M.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 6, 1:56 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Herb Eneva) wrote:

Hey, how about one of those "Grabbers" from the dollar store? LOL
Maybe make something from an old broomstick. Ought to be easy.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 6, 11:56 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Herb Eneva) wrote:

Do you KNOW if the snake can be relocated?
Here in AZ, I've been told that if you try to relocate a rattler away from your home, you might as well have killed it quckly, because it will die slowly. They CAN'T be transferred successfully.
So far got a 4 footer by the main door. A 3 footer by the entertainment room's sliding door [which swung up to strike as I almost stepped on it!] and another 4 footer [2 inch diameter!] by the garage and power access panel. Hated to do kill such successfull predators because I know they go after the rats. I hate to lose the tiny little chipmunks though - they're fun to watch whenever they discover a 'new' structure they can run around on - and play 'king of the hill'.
At least the snake carcasses feed the carion eaters, turkey vultures.
By the way, rattler venom STINKS!!! Doesn't seem to wash off very easily either.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/7/2012 2:35 PM, Robert Macy wrote:

i can't imagine why ANYONE would want to "relocate" a rattler. LMAO! Why would you want to do anything but kill it?
--
Steve Barker
✖
On 5/7/2012 12:46 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

if we killed all the snakes, we'd be hip deep in pack rats and chipmunks.
Add pictures here
✖