Smoothing and leveling old concrete slab basement floor

Gee a tough call, but a wild guess is a concrete co, or maybe a tree expert , or auto mechanic?

Reply to
m Ransley

The 100+ year old concrete floor in our basement is both rough (chips, bumps, cracks) and unlevel (some parts are at least several inches higher than other areas).

Given the age of the floor, it seems that all these flaws originated years ago and that there is not much active going on.

I would like to smooth the floor and make it somewhat (but not necessarily perfectly) level.

What types of solutions should I consider and what type of trade person or company should I call in to do the job?

My concern is that I would like to get advice from someone who has experience with multiple different solutions so that I get the right solution for my specific slab.

Thanks

Reply to
blueman

A small basement or bathroom area could use this product with good results:

A larger basement that is really rough would probably best be done by a new pour and leveling crew. Your local cement company will provide you with a list of contractors.

Jiml

Reply to
JimL