Smooooshed down carpet

Does anyone know how to bring back a carpet where the fibers have gotten smashed flat by a heavy piece of furniture? I have wet/extraction cleaned, however, the place where the metal cleats were, are now flat at a pancake. I tried brushing, even with a not too tough wire brush, to no avail.

If you wait long enough, the fibers will often recover.

What I have done is really soak it with a spray bottle of water. About six inches in diameter around the smoosh. Let it sit for about half an hour. If it's going to come back, that will do it. Help it with a brush, too. Just wait until it is saturated.
Steve

That works, too. It just takes a little longer.
Steve

Use distilled water, and just get it wet enough to cover the smooshed area. I have never gotten "rings". If you get rings, you need to clean your carpet.
Steve