smoke smell in home

Hello, pls don't flame me on this post! Recently (on & off), we've been smelling some smoke odors in our 2-story house. There are NO smokers in our house. There is no odor in the mornings nor afternoons, only in the evening/nights.

I scanned some posts here and it appears that smoke odors may be related to the A/C components, correct?

One thing I have yet to determine is if a walking neighbor (who is a smoker) could smoke around the perimeter and the odors would permeate our house. I don't know if this is posible with the A/C off.

Thanks for any info!

Reply to
ap

Neighbor with a fireplace?

Reply to
jerry_maple

It's certainly possible. I can usually smell when a car in front of me has a smoker in it.

Either my nose is getting better or cigarettes are actually smelling worse over time.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

I'm the same way. I ran past a smoker sitting on a park bench and could smell her smoke and perfume when I was down wind, 200 yards from her. Smoker's don't realize how stinky they are. As for OP, nose should be able to differentiate between cigarette smoke, wood smoke and electrical component. I sometimes get some transient fireplace odor in my house due to furnace draw. Frank

Reply to
Frank

If you have a sensitive nose, there could be smoke drawn in (negative pressure) under doors, etc. I assume there is no evidence of someone loitering in the yard.

Reply to
Norminn

Reply to
mcfriendly