Smoke detector for Christmas

Walmart has a discount smoke detector for #3.97. I know. I bought one for myself today for the hall, and spent 10.97 and got the one with the light, for over the bed.

The four dollar one came with a junk battery, need alkaline 9 volt cell, sold separately.

Knowing that most people put em on the shelf and ignore them, please offer installation with the present. I used two drywall screws and a cordless drill to install mine.

. Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus .

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin Mormon formulated the question :

I took all of mine down. They were the 117 volt a/c type with the 9 volt alkaline battery backup. I now use My Poms to alarm us. New type alarms are here in the box, waiting for someone to install them.

Reply to
Eagle

You guys with your initials..... What the heck are POMS ????

When I first moved in here, the inspectors installed smoke detectors at no cost to me. But since I was remodeling the house, everytime my power saw would emit a little smoke because the blade was dull, or everytime I got a frying pan a little too hot making a grilled cheese sandwich, those damn smoke detectors went off. Those things are too damn sensitive. I have not had a battery in any of them for years.

Reply to
Paintedcow

Little girlie man dogs...

Reply to
burfordTjustice

Exactly one year ago, my Christmas shopping was completed - - in one stop - I gave out the gifts with the wish -

- that they would never be used ! ... fire extinguishers ! My three kids homes, my own home, niece & nephew, brothers, in-laws ... etc. Volume discount at the local Fire & Safety company brought the price down to reasonable - much cheaper than WalMart & other retailers. John T.

hubops

Fuzzy, fussy, yappy canines

Reply to
clare

Nothing to boast about.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

How do you screw a Pom to the wall? And what size battery to put in a Pom?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Poms? I'm also curious.

As to the smoke detectors, some of the older ones had a low sensetivity switch. Good luck on the house and your life, I hope you never have a fire. I'm sure other people have found them too damn sensetive, also.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Very good, sir. And my respect.

About a year ago summer, I did test two twenty year old Kidde chemical units which I took out of a couple old trailers. Entirely to my surprise, both operated.

Shake well before using, the powder tends to clump and harden.

. Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus .

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Who's boasting? Those things frazzle my nerves when they go off, not to mention hurting my ears. I dont know why they have not, by now, developed a smoke detector which ONLY goes off when there is *DENSE* SMOKE.

Reply to
Paintedcow

The little brgars climb the walls and you don;t need to put batteries in them - they are like a cross between the energizer bunny and a Jack Russel.

Reply to
clare

Because by then it may well be too late to save your sorry ass. Smoke kills more people than flames - you want to know there is trouble before you would normally find out - which is too often too late.

Reply to
clare

This is My youngest Pomerainian, 'Loki'. He is 4 months young in this shot...

Get some yappy dawgs... ^^

Reply to
Eagle

You don't, Poms will yap your walls off.

I usually use small bite size treats and stuff them in their mouths. Worx reeel gud. ^^

Reply to
Eagle

Shh, Darwin is staking a claim.

Reply to