Smoke detector batteries

I let the house's temperature go low overnight. So the batteries in the smoke detectors lose some power and one of the goddam things starts its low power warning CHIRP at 2 am.

I'm tempted to rip the whole damned system out.

Reply to
Jim-Poncin

It just means those batteries are likely close to then end of their life. Try replacing them with fresh ones.

I replaced my batteries every fall. I never forgot because I just replaced them when the first one when off. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan