smoke detector and treadmill

My smoke alarm goes off when I walk on my treadmill. I suspect the treadmill is pulling some amps and the smoke detector doesn't like it. Is there any way of finding where to turn this off?
REPLACE THE SMOKE DETECTOR. Use a battery powered one. The detector shouldn't go off unless there is smoke (duh) And from experiance having a detector wired to the house is nice, but if the power goes and and there is a fire.. well.. you'll never know until you are a roasted lump of flesh.

treadmill